bkgrd

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jassi turned 8!

My little pampered princess of a dog turned 8 this week! Hard to believe she's that old, partly because she's still the size of a squirrel and also because time has just flown by. It's been a wonderful 8 years full of cuddles, belly rubs, stinky puppy kisses, and "circles" (those who have met her will understand that!). Despite all her neurotic tendencies and ability to be frightened by her own shadow, she is and always will be my baby. I love that little dog to pieces!!



In order to celebrate her 8th birthday, Bryce decided that we needed to make her a cake. When I gently tried to remind him that dogs didn't eat cake, he said we could put a bone on top of hers. In reality, Chef Bryce just wanted to cook, get to lick batter off the spoon, and eat the finished product. I decided to go along with his plan and I'm so glad I did, because we had a blast!




Chef Bryce decreed that Jasmine would love strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing. Our kitchen turned slightly pink while we cooked from all the strawberry goodies, but they turned out very yummy. Jassi got a bone on top of her cupcake and the rest of us enjoyed some sprinkles. To be quite honest, Jassi only got the bone and a pinkie sized bite of a cupcake. On the other hand, Bryce scalped all the icing off his cupcake in his typical cake eating style!

No comments: