We started by cutting out the rocket pattern. I could act like Bryce cut his out on his own (it even looks that way in the picture), but he just cut scrap paper up while Mom and I cut the pattern. I'll give Bryce credit though - he is getting pretty darn good with scissors (just not good enough for rocket patterns...). After cutting, we glued the rocket pattern to the film canister. Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that Bryce picked out blue and yellow for his rocket colors in honor of his daddy's beloved Mountaineers. I think Bryce may have been the only person on the planet professing his loyalty for the 'Eers this weekend!
After our stellar construction was over, we went out to the patio for blast off. Bryce added the water to his rocket and dropped in an Alka Seltzer tablet, then Mommy quickly put the lid on. Blast off!!! Bryce was so excited by how far our rocket popped up in the air, so we repeated the process about 10 times! We tried to do a count down, but it totally confused Bryce who is used to counting up instead of down and we never could time it right....so the rocket either launched when we were on 8, or long after the countdown was finished. I'm relatively sure we won't be hired by NASA any time soon! We did have a blast together though and I know Mom's classes are going to love the rockets!
No comments:
Post a Comment