bkgrd

Monday, September 22, 2008

Wisdom of 3 year olds...

I’m not exactly sure what I did for amusement and entertainment before I became a mommy. Now I have this little blue-eyed comedy show that follows me around and provides endless laughs and fun! I’m betting my life was pretty darn boring before he came along. Here’s a little recap of some highlights from summer:

1. Oh little boys and their fascination with bodily functions. I think it is born into them. Bryce was having a particularly stinky morning when he decided he needed to explain his gassiness. He turned to me and seriously said, “Mommy, aliens are poopying in my tummy.” Hmm…gotta give him points for creativity. I am sincerely hoping that there is not an actual otherwordly being in his stomach causing him to be stinky though...

2. One of the worst meltdowns Bryce has ever had occurred this summer. He is not a tantrum-throwing kid, so it caught me off guard! Bryce and I were getting ready to run to Wal-mart for a quick trip. He had been playing his little guitar and singing before we went out to the car, so he wanted to bring the guitar along. No harm, not a big deal – so the guitar came out to the car with us. As I was backing out of the garage, Bryce starts wailing and screaming. I’m thinking….he’s managed to hurt himself, so I hit the brakes and look in the backseat. No injuries, no blood….just a screaming child. He looks at me and screams, “Rock stars don’t wear shoes.” Then he frantically tries to undo the double knotted laces and take his shoes off. I had to laugh at his complete nonsense, but he didn’t see the humor and it angered him further. Gee…should I be worried that he’s going to grow up and be an eccentric rock star?

3. My mom, aka Mimi, had put on some new perfume this summer. When Bryce was riding in the car with her, he all of a sudden says, “Mimi, I smell something “ (it came out as “Mimi, I pell somepin”). Then he went on to ask, “Mimi, you got apple pie?” Hehe, so much for Mimi’s new perfume! I hope he perfects his talk about women’s fragrances before he starts dating.

4. Bryce has developed his Daddy’s bad habit of biting his fingernails. I saw him doing it and told him to stop biting his them. His reply….”But that’s what elephants do.” Good thing to know that my child is an elephant.

5. My boys and I were driving around Knoxville when all of a sudden Bryce broke into song (it happens often!). He had made up his own little song this time. The lyrics were, “Hi-ho-Daddy-O….tickle on your oats.” He sang it at least a thousand times during our trip and even now will randomly still sing it. When questioned about where one’s oats may be found, Bryce reasonably replied that they are on one’s head. He even would try and tickle Heath’s head when serenading him with his wonderful song. Love it!!

6. While we were in a public women’s restroom, Bryce was chattering away as usual. A little girl in the restroom heard him and said to her mother, “There’s a little boy in here.” Bryce did not like this at all! He immediately turned to me in the stall (as I’m zipping up his pants) and said, “Mommy, she said I was a little boy. I’m not little, I’m big. She didn’t know I was big. Let’s go tell her.” Needless to say, we didn’t track the poor little girl down to notify her….

Those are only a few of the many comedic moments from the summer - but they were too cute not to share! I'll have to start writing down Bryce's memorable fall moments now since the season changed today. Lol, I'm sure there will be many!

No comments: