bkgrd

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gobble, gobble...

Can you believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone? It's crazy! Time is flying by this year. We have so much to be thankful for and so many blessings to count.



My Thanksgiving break was jam packed - a trip to Roanoke (for Chuck E Cheese and Toys R Us of course!), a couple of family gatherings, and a fun dinner with Bryce's godmother. The actual day of Thanksgiving was kind of like a calm in the middle of the storm though! We went up to my mom and dad's and enjoyed a relaxing, wonderful lunch. It felt good just to have some down time with my parents, my boys, and Dianne. That evening, my boys and I went to the movies to see Bolt (the Disney superdog movie). We had so much fun! I think it was the best Thanksgiving Day I've had in years!



I worked so hard the week of Thanksgiving to convince Bryce that he liked turkey. A few of you know that the only meat Bryce claims to like is ham....odd, huh? The way I get him to try other meats is to tell him that the other meat is actually ham. It's amazing that when he thinks it's ham, he will devour a turkey Lunchable. So, while he was eating one of those turkey Lunchables, I let him in on the secret that it was actually turkey instead of ham. His amazement at this revelation was hilarious! From that point on, he has started saying how much he likes turkey. Apparently this only applies to cold deli turkey though....because after trying the "real thing" he didn't like it anymore! Oh well, maybe I'll convince him to try again at Christmas!

No comments: