bkgrd

Monday, February 2, 2009

Our big news!!

I’d be amazed if any of you reading this hadn’t already heard the news – but just in case, I’ll post it anyway! Heath and are expanding our little family tree! YAY! We are thrilled and blessed beyond belief. Our new addition will make his or her debut around August 14.

So, if you did some quick math you’ve realized I’m 12 weeks along. I’ve had several people ask me why we waited so long to share our news. There were so many factors that played into it. First, we wanted to get through the first trimester to make sure everything was ok. Thankfully, my first trimester ends on Thursday – so that’s a huge relief. A second reason for waiting was that we wanted Bryce’s last Christmas as an only child to be all about him! He’s going to have to share the spotlight soon enough and we just wanted this past Christmas to be super special for him. One last reason for delaying the announcement was to make sure that this time around everyone found out about our good news at the same time. We didn’t want to share the news with anyone until we were ready for everyone to know! It actually worked out really well!

Bryce seems excited about the prospect of having a sibling. I honestly think he will make an awesome big brother. He’s such a little nurturer and loves helping out, so I think it’s going to be a fairly smooth transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4. I can’t wait to see both my babies together!

One last random side note….several of you have seemed very surprised by our news. I think the reason for this is because over the past 3 and a half years, Heath and I have been endlessly bombarded with the question, “When are you going to have another one?” It seems like Bryce wasn’t even a few months old before that question started! Heath and I were busy enjoying our baby and treasuring the present - not thinking about the future. To end the questions, our answer became “never” and we stuck with that answer up until the day we announced we were expecting!! Did we actually mean that? Not at all. We both knew that when we felt the time was right, we would plan and try for another baby and that’s all that mattered. I hope that those of you who received the “never” answer will forgive us. Hehe :)

2009 is going to be an amazing year! We can’t wait to see what it holds! I’ll keep everyone posted on all the new baby news as well as the wonderful craziness of big brother Bryce. Please keep us in your prayers over the next few months and pray that this baby will be just as healthy and happy as our first one!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I didn't know that you had a blog too! :)

Christin said...

Naughty, naughty... keeping secrets! hahaha!!! Love you!!!! (AND) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!