bkgrd

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pipestem

A couple of weeks ago, Bryce, Mom, and I headed to Pipestem for the day. Although my mom says I went there when I was little, I had absolutely no memory of the place! I'm so glad that we went though. It's a great place with tons of fun stuff for little ones (and big ones!). We will definitely be making plenty more trips there!




First, we hiked up to the lookout tower. While some of you naysayers may think that Mom and I might have given up on the trail, it was actually Bryce who decided he didn't want to hike any further. I think he was convinced that we were just walking aimlessly in the wilderness with no destination in sight. We kept reminding him that there was a really cool tower at the top, but I don't think he actually believed us until we were within site of it. Then - he was a hiking machine!!! We climbed the tower to look around at everything below and even played a game of tag in the grass around the tower. Since Bryce had gotten the hang of the whole hiking thing (and because walking down the mountain is much easier than walking up it!), he turned into quite the little explorer on the hike back down! He was pretty sure that he was finding deer prints, so he loved thinking he was tracking them.


After our hike, we headed for the aerial tramway. That was awesome!!! I can't believe such a beautiful place is so well hidden in the WV mountains. Bryce loved riding the tram down the mountain and probably would have done it 5 times if I had let him. After riding down the mountain, we played in the creek and had a blast.



Then, it was time to head back up the mountain and enjoy a little time in the pool! It was such a wonderful day. I loved spending time with Mom and Bryce - those are definitely the memories that you cherish!

No comments: