bkgrd

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas '08

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!! We had a wonderful one full of family and friends. Somehow we made it through all 7 of our celebrations again! The first few celebrations, Bryce would cheer on the way there....but the last few we had to drag him to! lol! If it's hard on us adults, I can't imagine how hard it is on him - but he was a trooper. We're very lucky to have lots of special people in our lives and enjoyed seeing all of them.

Bryce carefully thought out what he should leave for Santa. Like last year, he insisted on leaving cheese again. I hope Santa likes to be constipated! So we left Santa cookies, cheese, and chocolate milk (Bryce said it had to be chocolate....and supervised me while I mixed it up). Bryce also decided that we had to leave some juice for Rudolph. He quickly reasoned that leaving it in a cup would pose a problem for the beloved reindeer, so he decided that we should put the juice in a bowl. I bet Santa and Rudolph thought they hit the jackpot when they came to our house! On a quick side note, Heath went outside in the pouring rain to jingle bells and make reindeer hoof noises outside Bryce's window that night. I remember my dad doing that for me when I was little! Such special memories!


Bryce's wishlist for Santa never waivered. He wanted the Wall-E movie, a big Transformer, and a Ninja Turtle (not sure where he heard of these....maybe a commercial??). I was pretty sure they'd stopped selling Ninja Turtles at some point in the mid-90's, but amazingly they are still going strong! I will admit that he has only touched that stupid turtle once since receiving him from Santa though! For some reason, Santa brought him tons of Batman stuff this year. Maybe it's because the child already owns everything related to Spiderman and we had to think of some other superhero. lol :)


It was really a wonderful Christmas in the Havens' house this year!

No comments: