bkgrd

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The frog said, "In the mud, in the mud..."

Last night, Bryce and I went to the Reading Room at Abbs Valley Elementary. My mom (aka Mimi) was the featured reader and did lots of neat book and activities about frogs! Bryce loved getting to hear his Mimi read books and enjoyed hanging out with the other kids. He was not quite used to sharing Mimi’s attention while she was reading – because usually he is sitting on her lap and has her undivided attention when they read! So, he felt compelled to share all of his thoughts out loud to Mimi and to loudly answer all of her questions. Such a stinker…but it was cute! I wish I would have taken pictures, but my feeble brain forgot to bring the camera along.

On a random side note, my mom will be coming to Abbs Valley as the librarian next year (also teaching first grade half day). I am thrilled beyond belief! I’m still sad over the closing of PHS, but feel completely blessed that my mom will be working at one of my schools with me. When God closes a door, he always opens a window. I’m just happy that this window happened to be at one of my schools (my favorite school to be exact!).

No comments: