bkgrd

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer is here!!!

Wow - another school year bites the dust! Can't say I was sad to see it end!! I've been so wrapped up in writing IEPs, having meetings, and Medicaid paperwork that I haven't been keeping this thing updated like I should have. I have about 5 sets of pics and updates to write about. Maybe I'll get around to starting to type them tonight. Right now, I'm going to drag myself to the couch for some well deserved R & R. Bryce and I have been painting the patio all day today....for those of you who have seen it, it's no small feat! I'm relatively sure that I could have done it in half the time without my "helper," but it wouldn't have been nearly as fun! He loves feeling like he's helping. One of the best lessons I can teach him is that it's a good thing to roll up your sleeves and work! Hard work certainly never hurt anyone and you can be proud of what you accomplish. Too many people today are content to sit around and either pay someone else to do their work for them or just leave things undone entirely. So frustrating!!! Parents owe it to their kids to teach them better than that! Ok, Lori is now stepping down from her soap box. Like I said, I'll get this blog updated in the next day or so!

No comments: