bkgrd

Friday, March 7, 2008

adios popper!

Ready for some shocking news? I took my baby's beloved "popper" (his pacifier) away this week!!! Yes, I do realize it was long overdue....but I had been dreading it so badly. Were it not for Kim, the most amazing friend and babysitter in the world, it probably wouldn't have happened!! So thanks Kim!

The cover story...

I told Bryce that I had put all his poppers in a box and mailed them to Spiderman (his obsession and hero!). Spiderman wanted to give his poppers to some babies, since Bryce is not a baby anymore. And because Spiderman was so proud of Bryce for being a big boy, he sent him a present to open at bed time. The present was a Spiderman talking stuffed toy - it talks to him, shoots webs, has a sleeping night mode, and had it's own little blanket (like Bryce's zippy!). He loves his new buddy that sleeps with him at night and helps him fight crime during the day!


Needless to say, he's been kind of sad and pining for his popper these last few nights. He's done wonderful though!! I was so worried he wouldn't sleep well, but it's gone very smoothly. I'm so proud of my big boy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I missed this entry until now - but no more popper?! WAY TO GO BRYCE (and Lori!)!! I'm very proud of Bryce for sharing his poppers with babies, and of course it makes sense that Spider Man is facilitating that.