My baby boy is getting ready to turn 3! Can you believe it? The past 3 years have been a magical, wonderful journey. There is no job harder than being a parent – but there is also no other job as rewarding. I’m completely blessed to be Bryce’s mommy. He is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me!
Ok, now that I have gotten all sappy on all of you, I’m going to throw in a little humor. During these pasts 3 years, Bryce has developed the cutest, funniest personality! Some of my favorite moments from the past year include:
One night, my parents, Bryce, and I were eating at El Patio. Jennifer Farmer (or Rasi as most of you knew her) was there and came over to talk to us. We are neighbors with Jennifer’s parents and she and her husband as well, so Bryce has always been big buddies with her and her family. For those of you who don’t know Jennifer, she is absolutely beautiful – and of course, my little Casanova has taken notice of this. When Jennifer bent down to his high chair to talk to him, Bryce looked down her shirt and exclaimed, “You got boobies?” Oh my….that was embarrassing! Jennifer stood up really fast and said, “what??” And, wanting to make sure he got his point across, he said it again! Yep, that made her blush! I could have melted through the floor! I have yet to decide whether to blame my dad or Heath for teaching him that word.
Another classic Bryce moment happened during the middle of the night. I heard him fussing on the monitor and went to check on him. He looked at me with this serious look and said, “I need water. I don’t have any gamma rays.” Then he looked sadly down at his hands, where I guess his beloved gamma rays were supposed to be. I’m not sure how he decided that water was the life source of gamma rays, but he is pretty convinced of it. Needless to say, Mommy had to go get some water so that her son‘s gamma ray supply would be replenished.
At library group this summer, all the children had to introduce themselves to the class. When it was Bryce’s turn to say his name….yep, you guessed it, he introduced himself as Super Bryce. I hope everyone in his class was suitably impressed to have a superhero among them!
So many more good memories and typical Bryce craziness come to mind! But that’s another story for another day :)
2 comments:
My second-favorite (after Boobies) is the Lowe's bathroom when the poor woman asked you for toilet paper.
"Are you poopin?? ARE YOU POOPIN?? Mommy, is she poopin? Are you poopin?"
I feel like I was there. I was, in spirit. Love you!
His Dadaw had nothing to do with him knowing that word. But I'm glad to see that he has fine tastes for pretty women (Mimi, Mommy, & Jennifer).
Post a Comment