bkgrd

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter egg hunt

Woohoo – Easter is just around the corner! It never was one of my top holidays until I went into labor with Bryce on Easter Sunday. Now it is a holiday that will forever mark the turning point of my life!

We decided to take Mr. Bryce to the Easter egg hunt at Lincolnshire this year. It was technically only for kids 3 and up…but since Bryce is a couple of weeks from turning 3, I thought it was close enough! They had such a nice set-up over at Lincolnshire for all the little ones, with the Easter bunny walking around and a duck pond. I think that half my kids from North Tazewell Elem. were there too!


Bryce was so excited about finding Easter eggs. But thankfully, he hasn’t reached that ultra-competitive mode yet (I hope he never does!). While some of the 3 and 4 year olds were like little Easter egg Nazis swarming from egg to egg – my little guy just sauntered and took his time admiring each egg he found.





After the hunt was finished, Bryce was the proud owner of 8 eggs (each with a small prize inside). Among some of the prizes were matching pink bracelets and a pink necklace, which he gave to me. He doesn’t want me to take them off and is very proud that he got them for me – such a sweetie! My favorite 2 prizes from his eggs were a Ricky Martin necklace (oh my…that’s just scary) and a little figurine that says “Boys lie and sometimes stink.” I’m not sure who the person who buys these prizes is….but I find his/her taste a little disturbing, yet amusing.




















We had such a great time at his first Easter egg hunt! I’m looking forward to taking him again next year…but just thinking about it makes me a little sad, because that means my baby will be turning 4!

No comments: